Victims Needing Help


File a Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission

The Federal Trade Commission is the nation’s consumer protection agency. It collects complaints about companies, business practices, and identity theft under the Federal Trade Commission Act along with other laws it enforces or administers. Complaints to the FTC help the agency detect patterns of fraud and abuse.

File a Complaint Against a Lawyer with Your Local State Bar

If you believe advice or behavior from an immigration lawyer has hurt you, the American Bar Association provides a list of local bar associations in each state where you can file an official complaint. Click on the button below, and find the information for your state.

File a Complaint Against an Immigration Lawyer or Representative

The Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) can assist you with a complaint against an Immigration Lawyer or representative. ​

Contact a Legal Service Organization for Advice and Assistance

There are a number of organizations throughout the country that provide free to low-cost immigration assistance. For a list of free to low-cost immigration services provider, please visit the following websites:

Find an Immigration Lawyer Near You

Copyright © 1993-2024 American Immigration Lawyers Association

Share This